Preventive care saves money and time for Middletown area patientsThe team at University Dental is committed to delivering high-quality, cost-effective dental care. With a focus on preventive care, we help patients in the Middletown area avoid the discomfort, inconvenience, and expense of extensive oral treatments.
The importance of professional hygieneThe mouth naturally develops plaque, a sticky biofilm of bacteria that leads to tooth decay, gum disease, and other oral problems. Regular cleaning and exams keep your mouth sparkling clean, and aid in early detection of potential problems.
Other preventive techniquesOur dentists and hygiene team will recommend a preventive plan personalized to your oral health, lifestyle, and budget. It may include:
- WaterPik oral irrigation that takes home hygiene to the next level.
- An electric toothbrush to stimulate teeth and gums.
- Colgate Prevident prescription fluoride toothpaste.
- MI Paste, a topical tooth crème that re-mineralizes enamel with calcium and phosphate.
- Dental sealants to keep cavity-causing bacteria out of crevices in molars.
- Fluoride treatment for kids and adults, to strengthen enamel and combat cavities.
- Deep cleaning that gets gum disease under control and helps to maintain periodontal balance.
- Arestin, a time-release antibiotic placed in periodontal pockets to fight gum disease. It enhances the effectiveness of deep cleaning (scaling and root planing).
- Peridex oral rinse to reduce soft tissue inflammation and treat gingivitis.
- A custom-fit mouth guard to protect teeth and soft tissues from trauma.
- Myobrace, an orthodontic alternative that realigns teeth and jaws.
The value of preventionWe work hard to ensure that the cost of general dentistry services at University Dental in Middletown is reasonable and customary. Yet the expense of even a single filling, crown, bridge, root canal, extraction, or dental implant can easily exceed the annual cost of preventive care – especially considering missed work and travel time.
For quality dental care with a focus on prevention, call (855) 908 3676.
I am guilty of avoiding the dentist, until I started going to University Dental. They make me feel good about my dental health and I love getting compliments about my teeth. Matthew S.