Middletown, OH dentist offers emergency dental care tips
We all hope to maintain beautiful, healthy smiles. However, the unexpected can occur. Whether you get bumped in the mouth playing a sport or you experience a broken tooth while eating, trauma can strike at any time. Middletown, OH residents can rest assured knowing an emergency dentist is available at University Dental. Our team offers accessible, comprehensive dental care.
Dental needs do not always happen on a schedule. Pain can happen when you are least expecting it. A dental emergency may include:
- A toothache or tooth pain
- Gum lacerations
- Broken or lost tooth
- Loss or damage to a filling or restoration
Emergency dental care tips
When the unexpected occurs, stay calm and to contact your dentist. Emergency dentists are fully trained and qualified to treat a range of dental problems. Follow these tips for proper handling until you get to the dentist’s office.
- For a knocked out adult tooth, only handle the tooth by the crown. The tooth needs to stay moist. If you can, place it into the empty socket, if not, put the tooth in milk, or hold it between your cheek and gums.
- For a chipped or broken tooth, rinse your mouth immediately to cleanse the area. Hold cold compresses on your face to minimize swelling.
- If you have a toothache, rinse the area with warm water and floss your teeth gently. You may take an oral pain reliever, but do not place it on the tooth or gums.
- If you have soft tissue trauma, rinse your mouth to clean the wound and apply a cold compress.
Every emergency is different. When problems occur, your dentist assesses your teeth to determine the exact problem and the best course of action. Regardless of the problem or treatment needed, the goal is to ease your pain and maintain the health of your mouth.
If you experience sudden dental problems, contact Drs. Kori, Everhart, Patel, and Yi. Prompt treatment helps prevent the damage from spreading. The University Dental team is accessible and available to care for your emergency dental needs. Call (855) 908 3676 to schedule your appointment.